- I found it easy to setup once the config software recognized it. I used the Windows software as I will primarily be accessing it from a Windows machine
- It has its own web server to host it’s control interface; nice
- Many options for configuration including individual selection of turning on/off CIFS, FTP, SNMP, AFS
- Ability to setup secure logins
- 1TB of storage with RAID-1 makes me feel more secure than a single 1TB drive
- “Wake on LAN” would be nice given there is a shutdown ability in the UI
- Power button is really small; need to put drive where it is easily accessible if there will be any regular powering off/on
- Connecting to rear USB ports is awkward unless the drive is sitting conveniently on your desktop.
- No power management, so the drives always spin. It is unsuitable for being on constantly
- Installing the software required patience, but it worked; I’m surprised they don’t set this up as a more discoverable device on the network so not software install would be required
- MozyHome is an interesting idea, but is a silly free offer: 2GB free for a 1TB (or 2TB) drive? Also, there is no Linux client for it — Win and Mac only
- It gets a little warm, but you have to expect that for a small case with two HDDs in it
- It is louder than a laptop, but it’s two HDDs in a small enclosure with a 60mm fan to keep them ventilated. I expect noise.