Again, installing bugzilla was easy. I took it straight from the repositories — and therefore I installed 2.22 (note that version if you are following this for a higher version…). Migrating this was easier than mediawiki, but included a few more steps than subversion. This page says the basics, but there are some key steps missing.
- dump the database
- make a backup of either your “data” or entire “bugzilla” directory. Now… where’s that? Under Ubuntu Server it is under /var/lib/bugzilla.
- make a copy of your localconfig (from /etc/bugzilla)
On the new machine, you must first:
- install bugzilla
- create the bugzilla database
- create your bugzilla user (e.g., bugs)
- grant bugs the appropriate permissions which can be found here
- backup /etc/bugzilla/localconfig and copy the one from the old machine — update the $db_pass in that file if necessary
- restore the data or bugzilla directory in /var/lib/bugzilla (or where appropriate)
- now you can import the dump per the appropriate database
And that is it. It worked when I restarted apache!